FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (PMC)
Overall Job Purpose:
- Under the instructions of the Manager (Prime Mover Control.), Sales Manager and Supervisor (Prime Mover Control.), undertake any assigned jobs and provide technical and engineering services/solutions in the overhaul and testing of controllers, governing equipment, electrical components and related engineering equipment (i.e. breakers, AVR etc.) in the workshop and onsite independently.
- Perform the role of the engineer skillfully. For certain jobs, lead a team of technicians/engineers on-site in job execution and carry out general coordination work with clients.
- Prepare risk assessment; attend vessel/site safety meeting. Prepare shipyard safety and customer job documents. Prepare tools and equipment for field service.
- Coordinate with customer’s superintendent/person in charge for vessel/site schedule to plan field service assignment.
- Lead a team of technicians/engineers for field service job and provide field service support (troubleshooting, commissioning, testing of Controls / Governing / AVR/ Generator/ Propulsion engineering equipment from engine/switchboard/control panel, on-site with solution provision and servicing).
- Estimate equipment size for lifting and transportation requirement and transport above mention equipment back to workshop for overhaul or inspection.
- Perform the role of a supervisor/technician if required.
- Perform quality control tests and calibration of engineering equipment to given and PMC Department aligned specifications.
- Attend sea trial / commissioning to ensure that overhauled, tested and reinstalled equipment are able to run on site conditions and coordinate the on-site work with the client.
- Guide and develop technicians and engineers.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Manager (P.M.C.), Sales Manager and Supervisor (P.M.C.).
Qualifications, Experiences and Functional Competencies Required:
- Possesses at least 8 years of work experience in the related engineering industry.